Friday, February 20, 2009

Pacifer Weaning

My husband and I started to wean our oldest daughter of her pacifer. It must be tough giving up something that gives you the comfort the way the pacifier gives my 2 year old. This was proven to me when my daughter was having a tantrum about who knows what. She was clearly upset. She said, "Pa-pie-er peeze!" So I asked, "Aw, sweetheart. You're a big girls now, you don't need your pa-pie-er. Do you want a hug instead?" She looked at me with utter disdain and said, "No. I want my pa-pie-er!" As far she was concerned, "No, I don't need a f***ing hug. I wan't my pacifier, b****." So much for mommy's little girl!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait for more. Where are the pictures? I'm a follower now, so you can see my blog as well... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw. i can just hear her now. i have heard some people cut off the tip so you can't suck on it and then it loses its charm within a week. not sure if that is very nice for the child though...

    ReplyDelete